Sunday, November 25, 2012

Insert title here

A few thoughts. Generally random, as per tradition.

1. THANKSGIVING! I feel so grateful for my family and the chaos that we are. It brights such joy to my existence. I missed them greatly this year.

2. THANKSGIVING PART 2- I got to go to Ileah's (cousin) house this year. Note, that Ileah is an amazing cook. She made it all herself and requested no help from anyone else. So good. It was fun to also hang out with that part of my fam OUTSIDE of work- especially to experience a holiday with them.

3. "What is there to forgive? Ignore forgive and concentrate of living. Life for you is short; far too short to allow small jealousies to infringe on the happiness which can be yours only for the briefest of times."
Jasper Fforde

I love this quote in regard to the people I surround myself with. At first my very person leapt at the "ignore forgive" part- because repentance and forgiveness is such a necessary part of existence, but I feel like we hold too much sometimes onto things. Petty things. But life IS short. It's passing by so quickly, that to let these things infringe on the happiness that is ours is only detrimental to ourselves.

4. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

Goes along with the last. But also, don't be a doormat.
Yes, please, come and wipe your feet on me again. I love when you make me miserable. (false)

5. I have amazing parents. I'm going to be honest, I have an easy time with certain aspects of the gospel mostly due to my knowledge that there is a loving Heavenly Father watching out for me. I have evidence of this in my life on a scale due to my parents. If you haven't met my mom, she's the nicest, caring, most giving person I know. And my dad. My dear old dad. Words cannot express my feelings in regard to him. He remains a rock and foundation in my life. And there he will remain.

Photos from most recent adventures:













1 comment:

chill said...

Amanda, I love your pictures. I want to go on adventures with you.