Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Couple notes:

1-I'm waiting for the classic crime show to begin- in Arizona, so I can listened to the hubbub of sound that transfers over the phone. It's usually a convoluted mess. And yet I wait. And I will enjoy it. And sing along.

2- while waiting I am practicing my guitar. I started guitar lessons last week. Coworker- Singing Simon plays the guitar- really well, actually, and has agreed to be teacher. Not gonna lie it's kind f wired to see him flip a switch and be serious. Guess it just proves that it's possible. Anywho- that started. There is some about of pride getting smacked in the face when I feel inadequacies are so evident. Which really just shows my pride needs to be taken down and punched in the gut.

3- if I haven't told you, I will mention it now. I'm going to Hawaii in 10 days. I have a friend on the big island that I'm going to see for a couple days and then go to Maui and meet up w aunt&cousins to visit places my grandma grew up. And to scatter her ashes. It's time she goes home. They invited me along- and due to my lack of car and therefore lack of car payment, I have a little bit to play with. I do love to travel.

4-I've discovered a new podcast called! Books on the nightstand. If you need book club books, this is a great place for suggestions. Or just suggestions period. I have a list of books going. I don't know how I will read them all.

5- reading partials- by Dan wells. Need to broaden my scope of reading. YA isn't doing it for me.

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Well why don't you travel yourself on over to Germany!?! Seriously. If you ever want to...

But Hawaii will be awesome. Have a good time.

Megan said...

I'm so jealous A! Have a blast in Hawaii!

thepianobench said...

love the HA pics- can hardly wait for details!
hugs
Mum